Hi

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM, Attila Csipa <ma...@csipa.in.rs> wrote:
> On Sunday 20 September 2009 23:11:07 Kees Jongenburger wrote:
>> I indeed planed to use usb-host in my project. perhaps we can use the
>> connectors behind the battery, previous models
>> used to have serial there.
>> If anybody has a bright ideas on how to connect something to the n900
>> that would be great.
>
> Well if you need just serial and don't mind the expense, probably the easiest
> way is a bluetooth modem, a la
> http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=582

That certainly works (as proven) but it's not what I would like to do.
For my project this is probably already taking
to much space. For your info the project proposal I am working on
involves adding more buttons to the device. The best for me would be
to simply implement a usb-hid device.

This is still in beta as I am doing some more research but
input/contribution/joining the project is more then welcome

http://wiki.github.com/keesj/push_nbutton

> A bit more out-of-the-box thinking is to do things backwards, i.e. get a beefy
> microcontroller that does USB host mode or USB OTG, and have the N900 connect
> to that. This will also require some software wizardry as the N900 will want
> to present itself as mass storage, but maybe that can be hacked/tweaked.

Yea also you will need to create a gadget driver unless you use
g_ehter or some other standard.

I guess the Hammer CPU module is very well suited for this as you can
run a full linux stack on this
http://www.tincantools.com/product.php?productid=16133&cat=0&page=1&featured

Greetings