----- Original message -----
> On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 11:23 +0300, daniel wilms wrote:
> > If it doesn't fit in any of the mentioned categories you can use the
> > category "other", which will be taken into account for any backup the
> > user makes.
>
> Thanks, that sounds good. Just to clarify things: The "applications"
> category is the list of installed applications, right? It's not data
> which an 3rd party application provides?
>
> So in my case (Conboy notes in /home/user/.conboy/) I should use
> "other"?!
>
> Thanks again!
> Conny

I tested "other" on a plane earlier today - it seems to work but it has no
checkbox in the list on either backup or restore. It seems to be included if
any other category is included.  So someone who thinks they are only restoring
their application list, for example, would find out they have overwritten their
GPE Calendar data from the backup!

Of course a similar problem occurs with the built in Calendar app: its data is
included in the Communications category, which seems to have plenty of
potential for confusion.  The current backup/restore app should come with a
public health warning: only ever select all categories, for backup or restore,
or else unpredictable things will happen!

Graham