On Thu, September 24, 2009 11:19, Aniello Del Sorbo wrote:
> Here's my proposal:
>

> We leave Extras-Testing as it is, with votes, comments, bug reports an
> so on (or improve it, as you wish). But then it's only the developer that
> decides, based on that feedback, if or not to promote the application to
> Extras.

This is what happens now. Even if your app gets enough votes for promotion
to Extras, you still need to push the button. There is no automatic
promotion.

The developer/maintainer is always the one who decides on when to publish
the app.

The community QA testing is there to find trivial issues, complex problems
might not be caught. But at least you can't promote an obviously broken
package by mistake.

Let's not make this too complex, before you know it we have more
bureaucracy than the often hated stores.

--
Niels Breet
maemo.org webmaster