O Mar, 13-10-2009 ás 16:58 +0200, Thomas Perl escribiu:
> With the latest firmware, the "Settings" window and the Application
> Manager both show a fake screenshot when clicking the icon in the menu
> and then fade to the "real" window contents after the application has
> really started up (look closely at the "Language & region" icon in the
> settings dialog when starting it to see what I mean, as the screenshot
> contains a different icon than the real application).
>
> For applications that start up longer (e.g. Python applications) this
> can be really helpful, and I'd like to do the same for gPodder if
> possible.
>
> Is there an "official" way to do this for third party applications (or
> how is it done at all)?

For applications written in C, you have
void hildon_gtk_window_take_screenshot (GtkWindow *window, gboolean
take);

http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-final/hildon/hildon-Additions-to-GTK
+.html#hildon-gtk-window-take-screenshot

This would be the right way of doing this as you could just create the
screenshot when you consider that your screenshot should change, very
useful if you have more than windows that can be shown on startup.

About Python, I couldn't find it at the first glance, but the PyMaemo
guys can explain it better.

Br.

--
Xabier Rodríguez Calvar