2009/10/17 Cornelius Hald <h...@icandy.de>:
> On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 21:22 +0200, Cornelius Hald wrote:

>> > I can confirm that copying an existing entry from
>> > /home/user/.cache/launch/ to <dbus-name>.pvr will result in it being
>> > launched with that screenshot before fading in the actual window.
>>
>> Wow, you guys are great :) So it should be really straight forward to
>> implement this in our own apps. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Also it
>> looks like most stock apps are using it now. Notes, Sketch, Xterm,
>> Calculator and more.
>
> Just a quick update: It is really enough to just call
> hildon_gtk_window_take_screenshot() in your code. The next time you
> start your application the screenshot will automatically be used. I
> first thought you have to use maemo-launcher to make use of this
> feature, but it also works without.
>
> Cheers!
> Conny

My program doesn't ask anything when you close it, but it keeps
automatically saving the document in
a temporary file. Thus at every start it loads it up and you're back
where you left.
So I thought I would call the screenshot function at the very end,
while closing down the program.

It didn't work. It didn't save the screenshot of what was there.

So I call it when I receive the expose event (like in the example) and
it does work there.
Why is that?

I still have to investigate it, but I thought the window would be
still available in my Quit function
when called from the destroy event.

Weird.
--