2009/10/24 Graham Cobb <g+...@cobb.uk.net>:

> I don't think you will get anywhere.  Isn't this a known issue?  The manual
> installation instructions for the SDK
> (http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo5_Final_Installation#Manual_Installation)
> include:
>
> In order to facilitate installing applications under /opt on the device, a
> symlink /opt has been created pointing to /home/opt. The SDK inherits this
> feature.
I'd say it inherits it in a funny way. May be it's better not to do it
at all then do it like it's done.

> Under Scratchbox, /opt points to /target/links/opt which in turn
> points to /targets/<target_name>/opt. Installing the rootstraps makes this
> point to /home/opt, which is not what we want, since we need /opt to be
> target specific. In order to resolve this situation,
> [sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] >rm /targets/FREMANTLE_X86/opt
> [sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] >mkdir /targets/FREMANTLE_X86/opt
>
> I think sbdmock needs to do the same thing after installing the rootstrap.

I don't think so. It looks like a hack to remove something provided by
official SDK image.
Why they put this symlink in there if it's not needed and even
prevents installation of optified packages?
As you can see from my posts deleting it from rootstrap solves the
issue. So, obvious way would be to not provide it in rootstrap at all.

--
BR,
Ed