Stoppa Igor (Nokia-D/Helsinki) wrote:
> Hi,
> my (biased) pov is that at least excessive power consumption should be a
> blocker.

It is a blocker:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing/QA_Checklist#Power_management_issues

The problem I see now is that either you know about power management
issues and how to detect them or you don't. it would be great to have
really basic documentation telling testers like me to install whatever
tools, follow clear steps and evaluate the output.

I understand such output is not yes/no, but it would be good to have
something like:

- Run Tool X, boot the application and leave it a whole night running.
If in the morning you see XYZ then the app is probably buggy and
draining your battery.

Ans similar cases like this for widgets running or not in the background
and etc.

In fact, the simpler the docs are for testers the simpler they will be
for developers unfamiliar with power management tests and, hopefully,
the more power friendly even extras-devel software would be in the first
place after some iterations.

--
Quim Gil
open source advocate