On Tuesday 03 November 2009 00:02:31 Graham Cobb wrote:
> Sorry if everyone else understands this but I don't.

We have two (in my particular case slightly related) problems.

1) The fact that something builds in the pristine final SDK does not guarantee
that it will go through the autobuilder (as extras-devel might contain non-
backwards compatible updates to the SDK packages).

2) We seem to have an 'interesting' possibility, where, due to current repo
layout and promotion policies, you can get into a situation in which you are
not able to promote your own application update to Extras because of other
people's development activity in Extras-devel (especially nasty if you were to
make an important security fix).

We don't seem to have a final proposal (yet), looking for solutions, adding an
extra repo for updates/staging is just one of them.

Regards,
Attila