On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 10:15 +0000, Andrew Flegg wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:10, Tim Teulings <r...@edge.ping.de> wrote:
> >
> > I'm intersted in getting to know that somebody rated my application since
> > I'm intersted in improving the rating of my applications. Getting a mail
> > makes it possible to react on ratings (without regulary polling the web
> > pages which would be a pain for >10 packages) and for example contact the
> > author to get more information about the reason of his rating and to find
> > ways to change the application so that he would increase his rating.
>
> Except the thread is about *anonymous* ratings without comments. You
> will know that your overall rating may have changed, but you may not
> know which direction (especially if you have lots of votes already)
> and you do not have a mechanism for contacting the author or gaining
> any additional information.
>
> The emails in question are, literally, a notification that your
> overall popularity has either gone up a bit, down a bit or unchanged
> (but not which one!)

Exactly, thanks Andrew :) If there is any useful information inside the
mail, I'm super happy to receive it. But right now there is just no
information. So maybe at least add to the mail the rating that this
person (even if it's anonymous) gave.

And thanks Ferenc for the information in you first mail!

Also instead of making it user configurable it could be enough to give
those mails a distinctive title. Then people can easily filter them if
they are not interested. Right now its not easy to find out if this
email provides a comment or not.

Thanks!
Conny