If I want to develop an app that integrates with a map plugin, then
obviously I want to use Ovi maps but the Ovi Maps SDK doesn't support Maemo
and as far as I know the Ovi Maps app for Maemo can't be used as a plugin.

There must be work going on behind the scenes to resolve this situation - in
the mean time I would be greatly appreciated if someone from Nokia could
provide some direction so developer like myself avoid wasting time on
solutions that might be dead-ends when the real solution is eventually
announced.

The way I see it there are several potential solutions:

1) I could write a Qt App that embeds Ovi Maps into a QtWebKit widget.  I
don't think this is currently possible due to it's lack of support for
Maemo/Linux but I will do some prototyping here any way and see how far I
get.

2) Write a Qt app that embeds Google Maps into a QtWebKit widget.

3) Wait for a dedicated Ovi Maps plugin for Maemo to be developed.  Will
there ever be such a plugin?

Can someone from Nokia comment on this please?

Thank you,
Paul Drummond