Hi,

I'm trying to optify Conboy and noticed that maemo-optify does not exist
on Chinook. So I've added the build dependency like that:

Build-Depends: [...] maemo-optify | maemo-version-dev (<< 5.0)

So far so good, but now I have to make the call inside debian/rules
optional as well. Unfortunately I completely fail to do that. I've tried
to add

which maemo-optify && maemo-optify

and

[ -e /usr/bin/maemo/optify ] && maemo-optify

Both work if maemo-optify is available, but fail if it is not available.
The log looks like this:

[...]
dh_install --sourcedir=debian/tmp
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_link
dh_strip
dh_compress
dh_fixperms
dh_installdeb
dh_shlibdeps
dh_gencontrol
which maemo-optify && maemo-optify
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1

Does someone know why this is not working? It looks like 'make' does not like
this construct, but what's the alternative?

Thanks!
Conny