Eero Tamminen on 12/30/2009 04:09 AM wrote:
> Is there some way that this will help me - the original poster?
Unfortunately, no. I have not, yet, investigated too far into the
compositor Nokia is using. My app references were to compiz, the
compositor found on most Linux desktop distributions.

 > Does clutter bypass the compositor by making its opengl calls?
OpenGL apps can only bypass a compositor if they are fullscreen
otherwise they are still being painted into offscreen pixmaps. Plus the
compositor has to allow full screen apps to be rendered directly instead
of offscreen, but it seems this is enabled as Bounce, and other people
creating 3D apps, do not have tearing issues.

 > Do I need to somehow render clutter output to an offscreen buffer and
 > let the compositor smooth things for me as I blit them back on screen?
This is what is already happening transparently to you. You would be
duplicating functionality.

Before I go any further, I do not believe I have seen any tearing
effects on my N900. The cases that I have seen flicker seem to be where
the device is simply not able to display fast enough.

Do you have your app in a .deb I could install to see what you are
seeing? You can attach it via private mail if you don't have a web site
for it.