I would suggest running dbus-monitor and calling your cellphone to see what
happens.  I did this, capturing the output to a file and got the output
listed below.

It appears as if the strings org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.InitiatorID
and org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.TargetID both contain the incoming
phone number.

I have not worked with python and dbus, but it seems like this should
contain the clues necessary to get the needed information.

I did, however, also look at the database
/home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db  This is an sqlite3 database that can be
queried after the fact from Python to receive information about phone calls.
I talked a little bit about this in my blog post

#N900 mbarcode, python, sms and sqlite3
http://www.orient-lodge.com/node/3896

Hope this helps.

Aldon

==

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=:1.551 serial=2
path=/org/freedesktop

   string ":1.551"
method call sender=:1.551 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=3
path=/org/freede

   string "type='method_call'"
method call sender=:1.551 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=4
path=/org/freede

   string "type='method_return'"
method call sender=:1.551 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=5
path=/org/freede
      struct {
   stringobject path
"/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/ring/tel/ring/incomi
signal searray [.20 -> dest=(null destination) serial=1153
path=/org/freedesktop
            dict entry(
   array [     string "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.InitiatorID"
               variant                   string "12032980814"
            )
            dict entry(
               string
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.StreamedMedia.FUTU
               variant                   boolean false
            )
            dict entry(
               string
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.StreamedMedia.FUTU
               variant                   boolean true
            )
            dict entry(
               string "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.TargetHandleType"
               variant                   uint32 1
            )
            dict entry(
               string "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.TargetHandle"
               variant                   uint32 28
            )
            dict entry(
               string "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.TargetID"