On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 17:45, Edward Johns <ejdom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel a little cheeky asking this when I've only just joined the list
> but I was wondering if anybody else thinks it is a good idea to have
> mails to this list (and the other maemo lists) prefix the subject line
> with the name of the list.

As has been mentioned, the consensus in the past has been against it
(the short space given by Modest is a very strong reason on maemo-*
lists!) and there are ways of dealing with it. For example, your email
address and headers *do* show you're using Gmail.

To configure a filter for maemo-developers/-community:

  1) Log in to the full Gmail on a browser.
  2) Click "Settings > Filters > Create new filter"
  3) In the "To:" field, enter:
        (maemo-developers@maemo.org OR maemo-commun...@maemo.org)
  4) Click "Next"
  5) Choose what you want to do to it.

Personally, I've created a "Maemo" label which is applied, and has a
separate colour for very quick visual differentiation when scanning
the subjects in a morning. You can even have Gmail auto-archive it,
skipping the inbox so you go into your "Maemo" label (exposed as a
folder over IMAP) to see new messages.

HTH,

Andrew

--