Hi all,

Due to popular demand, I sat down this week with Jeremiah Foster, who
explained to me the very quickest way to go about packaging an
application. We didn't quite get to "uploading to extras", but going
from a .tar.gz to a correct .deb is there.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_packaging_quick_start_guide

I intend this article to be a kind of landing-point for new Maemo
developers. It should contact the short path, with a bunch of shortcuts
taken, and lots of links to canonical material.

Improvements are welcome! Especially as related to:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Packaging
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_packaging
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Packaging,_Deploying_and_Distributing
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing
http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_Extras-devel
http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_Extras
http://wiki.maemo.org/Developer_FAQ#Extras

If we obsolete any of these pages, I'll be happy. If we make it easier
to find useful stuff by linking to it from an
easy-to-remember-and-reference portal page, I'll be happy.

And if this email leads me to discover even more pages which have the
same or similar content, even that will make me happy if we can
consolidate it all nicely & make it nice & easy for new developers to
find correct information on this.

Cheers,
Dave.

--