On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:52 AM,  <kai.vehma...@nokia.com> wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2010, Dave Neary wrote:
>>Matan Ziv-Av wrote:
>>> how do I answer an incoming call from a C program (or command line, or a
>>> python program, for that matter)?
> btw, I'd recommend using Telepathy for calls and messaging.
> CSD is cellular specific, while with using Telepathy you can cover
> both cellular and VoIP calls in your application. To start:
>
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Architecture/RTCOM
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/
>
> Of course, some apps may still want to use CSD directly (for
> whatever reasons), but one should be aware it's an internal
> platform API in Maemo5 that may e.g. be refactored at some point.
> Not necessarily a problem for all applications, but just so you
> folks know...

I previously posted the theory in how to answer a call.  I've now got
this codified ... just not working

git clone https://vcs.maemo.org/git/theonering
theonering/hand_tests/dbus_signals.py
or
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggit/browse.php/?p=theonering;a=blob;f=hand_tests/dbus_signals.py;h=d80ba2f3c2c2d4518dab2252e535a2b4d12e76b7;hb=19d650012308b89c7e15135fb849c6ca9f02ce99

This code
1. Listens on DBus for new channels (NewChannelSignaller)
2. Creates telepathy-python objects out of the new channel and its
connection (NewChannelSignaller)
3. Filters out all channels except StreamedMedia (Manager)
4. Requests various data needed for Step 5 (AutoAcceptCall)
5. Judge whether it is an inbound or outbound call (AutoAcceptCall and Manager)
6. Add all the pending users to the call  (AutoAcceptCall and Manager)

Step 6 should be what answers the call according to
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.StreamedMedia.html
I've played with dbus-monitor.  All 6 steps execute correctly, it just
doesn't cause anything to happen.  This was tested with SIP calls on
Empathy 2.26.

I'm probably going to take another break from working on this.  What
I've got working so far can help me resolve one issue (poll for new GV
voicemails after the user rejects/ignores a call) but not another
(auto-accept GV callbacks).  I don't know if this is still relevant
for anyone but I thought I'd at least share.

Ed Page
(epage)