From: maemo-developers-boun...@maemo.org [maemo-developers-boun...@maemo.org]
On Behalf Of ext David Greaves [da...@dgreaves.com]
Sent: 07 February 2010 20:44
To: Sanjeev (EIPI)
Cc: maemo-developers@maemo.org; Aldon Hynes
Subject: Re: [New Developer]: Questions - Python Packaging / Free or
Non-Free        / Software Licensing

> As the problem is outlined I think you're out of luck - sorry.

Well, in general there s no perfect system, he just has to devise something
that requires more cracking effort than it's worth for having illegal access to
the functionality :-)

And possibly make the crack device-specific.

However it's not impossible to do secure operations on the N900, they just must
be done on the cellular modem, which is perfectly capable to manage keys in a
way that is not worse than any other Nokia phone.

Obviously as soon as the control comes back to the linux side, anything is
possible.

But, as  I said, it' s just a matter of making it complex enough.

After all even sk...@n900 is subject to the same security problems.

But python programming is probably not the most effective way to reach the goal.

igor