On 8 February 2010 17:55, Aki Niemi <aki.ni...@nokia.com> wrote:

> > If I could join (aka steal ;) this thread, I'd also be interested in
> > any methods that would return network registration specific details,
> > such as LAC, CID, network type (ie. GSM/EDGE/WCDMA/HSPA) etc.
>
> Then, may I suggest you take a look at oFono [1] instead? oFono is a
> completely open source telephony stack, which will at some point be
> replacing the current Maemo stack. It's already available in
> extras-devel.

Thanks, I've been looking at oFono briefly over the weekend and I've seen
some bits in their sources that could be potentially interesting to me.
However, as the level of my C and/or Maemo general development comprehension
is very low, I can't get my head around this too quickly -- just yet. ;) I
am thinking to get into Maemo development using Python sometime soon'ish, as
Python seems to be closest to my current role of LAMP web application
developer.

Anyway, since I've seen it is possible to issue dbus-send commands to get
current network name, I thought there maybe are similar methods to get
LAC/CID etc.

--
Dawid 'evad' Lorenz * http://adl.pl

null://I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source
code