greetings;

I was creating an application with Qt that exposes a dbus service. the service returns its output as a QStringList. I tested this dbus service with a client written in Qt and it worked perfectly.

I wanted to create a Desktop widget that can consume this dbus service. I created a normal C file that calls the dbus service - just as POC to see if it works by modifying some code i found (a C file that gets the imei , written by mr.faheem http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=371496&postcount=45)
my code is :

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <glib.h>
#include <glib/gprintf.h>
#include <dbus/dbus-glib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>
static GList* ptimes_list = NULL;
int fn() {
DBusGConnection *conn;
   GError *error = NULL;

   conn = dbus_g_bus_get (DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM, &error);
   if (!conn) {
           g_printerr ("Error: %s\n", error->message);
           g_error_free (error);
           return 0;
   }
   DBusGProxy *proxy = NULL;
   /* replaced the cinstants with values from my dbus interface */
   proxy = dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name(conn, SERVICE_NAME,PATH ,INTERFACE);
if (!proxy) {
   printf("No proxy, dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name() failed \n");
       return 0;
   }
if (!dbus_g_proxy_call(proxy,"mthod_name", &error,my_list) )
       {
           /* dbus_g_proxy_call failed */
printf("dbus_g_proxy_call(proxy,method, &error,myList) returned FALSE \n");
           return 0;
       }
       if (!my_list) {
           /* output list is empty */
           printf("my_list) glist is still NULL \n");
           return 0;
       }
       g_object_unref(proxy);
char[10] element = (char*) g_list_nth_data(my_list),0); printf("the value of the fajr first is %s \n",element);
   return 1;
}
the program fails at this point: proxy = dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name(conn, SERVICE_NAME,PATH ,INTERFACE);
and my application stops.

I wonder what is wrong with the way I called my DBus service . Any help is appreciated!