On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 16:25, Robin Burchell <virot...@viroteck.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Jan Knutar <jknu...@nic.fi> wrote:
>> Is the plan to upgrade the qt4.5 libs, or to have both? If the latter,
>> will they be installed to /opt?
>
> From talking to folks in #qt-maemo, I believe the plan is to replace
> Qt 4.5, and remove the /opt hack.

AIUI, PR 1.2 is still having /opt; so why would Qt 4.6 not use it? OK,
so it's problematic for things that are part of the base system to use
/opt, but if the Qt 4.6 libraries which will be included take up more
room than the out-of-the-box installed Qt 4.5 libraries then PR 1.2
will take up more of the rootfs space.

Some advance warning from the Qt folks/Nokia might be in order, in
that case; especially given the levels of support the community give
to people on talk.maemo.org when they get a full rootfs.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:and...@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/