These two statements together make it clear for me as a hobby developer on this
platform that there is nothing to worry about, topic closed :-)
OTOH, I've clearly seen the limits of the App Manager (speed/performance) from
a user perspective and hope that the switch to .rpm could improve that.

Even if I have to repack my measly apps (after finally having "mastered"
debbing after years...), I'm glad to see Maemo getting a strong partner.

Happy hacking
-Tom