On 18.02.10 18:18, Nils Faerber wrote:
> I would like to hack on some drivers on the N900, so I need to be able
> to recompile kernel modules. Ideally I would like only to replace
> modules, not the whole kernel+modules package.
>
> So what I did was I installed the Maemo5 SDK first in order to get the
> proper toolchain.
> Then I took a vanilla 2.6.28 Linux kernel archive and applied the kernel
> patch from

"apt-get source kernel" would be easier

Do you plan to provide the extra modules as a package
in extras-devel or just as individual files?

You could disable building and packaging of the kernel
in the debian/rules and control file and only generate a modules
package. Please make sure to also rename the source package and the
generate packages to avoid conflict with the stock kernel.

For indidivual files just extracting the output of the first solution
could be the simplest approach.

--
Thomas Tanner ------
email: tan...@gmx.de