On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Dmitry Fomin <fomin.deve...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question about Google apps project - "Implement small applications
> and corresponding
> reusable libraries (Qt C++) for integrating with Google services like Mail
> (quick read/search
> without going through IMAP), Todo:s, Buzz, import opml from Google Reader".
>
> Which google services are intended to be implemented? Or the students should
> propose ideas?

Unless I misremember, it's up to the students to create a proposal
that "sells" the project (and themselves). People at Google (or was it
the accepted organization? can't remember..) then vote on the
proposals, scores are counted and approval/rejection of the proposal
and the project is done.

For this particular project, I'd imagine a student should do some
pre-study to determine what services nicely overlap as far as google
APIs are concerned - I'd imagine gmail + todo to be a good choice, for
example, since google buzz apis seem unrelated (ostatus). Buzz
supports could be a separate project.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio