[Ajai Khattri Mi  24. März 2010]:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Sivan Greenberg wrote:
>
> > I'd say supporting
> > /etc/init.d/ssh stop is important for users  that are coming from the
> > pre-upstart time.
>
> Better get used to it - upstart has been standard on several distros for
> a few years now (Ubuntu, Fedora and maybe the next Debian release).

I think it doesn't matter if there's upstart or sysV-init - if I find a
/etc/init.d/foo script, I expect this script to support "foo start" and "foo
stop" and the other few valid options, and of course these shall work properly

If the script doesn't work as everybody would expect, then it shouldn't be
there at all.

jOERG