On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 14:53 -0400, Ben Roe wrote:
> Surely the music player should shuffle the list, not just play random
> tracks from it? I don't think anyone wants random duplicates in one
> session.

I can't talk about Mediaplayer, but about MAFW.

MAFW is actually shuffling the songs. But there's a point I have to say.

Let's suppose you create a playlist with about 100 songs, puts shuffle
on and start to play, and stop after 28nd clip.

If you start to play again the same list from the beginning, those first
28 clips are maintained. To "clear" them shuffle should be put off and
on again.

If you want to see what Mediaplayer is doing, just use dbus-monitor to
track the messages.

        J.A.