On 2010-04-06 15:35, Stefanos Harhalakis <v...@v13.gr> wrote:
On Tuesday 06 of April 2010, daniel wilms wrote:
ext Stefanos Harhalakis wrote:
> I'm currently using /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/, but I see other
> applications using /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/hildon, or even
> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps and
> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon.
>
> Is there a "proper" location or is everything acceptable?

The proper location for the icons is in:

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/

Thank you for clarifying that.

Is there a reason why "scalable" was chosen? AFAIK for desktop systems this is
supposed to hold "scalable" graphics like SVGs while bitmaps icons are
supposed to go under /usr/share/icons/hicolor/AxB/ (AxB being the dimension)
(or perhaps I know wrong).

I would also like to know this, as I was going to edit a few wiki pages that mention install locations for icons. However, all the locations above seem to work just fine (I tested with a few applications), and the freedesktop.org icon naming specification suggests that ‘apps’ is the correct subdirectory to use:

http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html#context

Daniel, is /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/ the canonical location for all application icons on Fremantle, and if so, where is this documented?

--
David King | http://amigadave.com/ | dav...@openismus.com