From: André Hänsel <an...@webkr.de>

> I'm trying to make an enhancement to the Hildon library. Unfortunately I
> cannot figure out how to build it for N900/Fremantle. I have installed the
> Scratchbox VM and I know how to build applications using ESbox. But how do I
> build the libraries?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with ESbox, but, if you are able to build
applications it shouldn't be difficult to build libraries. Both
(programs and libraries) use autotools-autoconf stuff.

> I already fail at finding the current source: Is it
> http://maemo.gitorious.org/hildon/hildon? Or is it
> https://garage.maemo.org/scm/?group_id=939?

The garage one is a previous-old-legacy repository, the correct one is
the gitorious one. So, you can get the code doing something like this:

git clone git://gitorious.org/hildon/hildon.git

> Needs the source to be put in a certain dir inside the scratchbox?

No. In fact, normally to put the source in your home directory. But,
sometimes, to make quick tests I use directly the /tmp, and it works
fine for me.

> Then do I have to run autogen.sh? In chroot /scratchbox/users/maemo/? Or in
> chroot /scratchbox/users/maemo/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL?

autogen.sh is just a script that execute the configure-related
programs, and most of the times are tunned for the specific program.

So it is required to be executed in the source directory.

Anyway, have you tried something like?:

myuse...@mymachine:~$ /scratchbox/login
$[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL: ~] > git clone git://gitorious.org/hildon/hildon.git
$[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL: ~] > cd hildon
$[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL: ~/hildon] > dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot

The debian files are included on the repository. debian/rules will
call autogen.sh for you.

BR

===
API (apinhe...@igalia.com)