On Fri 28 May 2010 18:00, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+ma...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Paul Hartman
> <paul.hartman+ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Tomi Ollila
>> <tomi.oll...@guru.guru-group.fi> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I think this interests many maemo developers:
>>>
>>> Just released MADDE, version rolled up to 0.6.72
>>> includes system qemu which can be used mostly like
>>> real N900 device with PR 1.2 for software testing and
>>> development.
>>
>> Thanks, but I can't install this version of MADDE. It tells me this
>> confusing message:
>>
>> Do you want to use installation path: /home/paul/.madde (yes/no)? yes
>> In directory '/home/paul/.madde' there exists
>> newer installed version 'query -> version : no match.'.
>> Downgrading to '0.6.72' not supported.
>>

> Forgot to mention, I am using install-madde-0.6.72-linux-x86_64.sh

The problem is that 'mmv' also brings command 'mad'... I noticed this
just after we made release versions -- so the installer code is also
fixed afterwards.

I just removed 'mmv' from system before installing; any other way to
*shadow* /usr/bin/mad (except removing /usr/bin/ from PATH) applies.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

> Thanks!

Tomi