Once upon a time I have hacked /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51
file in order to make typing Polish national characters easier using
hardware keyboard. Namely, I've managed to work around Fn->Ctrl key sequence
to disable on-screen keypad to appear and use Fn+Ctrl+letter combination to
get a Polish character directly from hw keyboard. [1]

Anyway, this solution isn't ideal and I'm looking a way to improve it a
little. Currently, to type "ą" letter I need to press rather awkward
Fn+Ctrl+A key combination at the same time. What I'd like to be able to do
is to type a *sequence* of keys instead, so Fn->Ctrl->A = ą. Simple
question: how to do that? :)

My implementation of rx-51 file [2] is using "Group2" mode to store table of
Polish special chars (see line #88 onwards) and Fn-Ctrl combination triggers
Mode_switch (see line #504), which puts keyboard into Group2. That works ok
but it seems that I have to press Fn+Ctrl *simultaneously* to use
Mode_switch, while I'm looking for a sequence of key presses to do that. It
is somehow possible, as originally Fn->Ctrl sequence was triggering
on-screen keypad (known as "Multi_key" in rx-51 file).

Are there any input method hackers flying with us and could shed a light on
possible solution? That would be greatly appreciated.

[1] http://blog.adl.pl/polish-hardware-keyboard-layout-for-nokia-n900/400
[2] http://blog.adl.pl/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/rx-51

--
Dawid 'evad' Lorenz * http://adl.pl

null://google 'no evil' mail has taken away my random signatures