On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Ian Stirling <ma...@mauve.plus.com> wrote:
> Martin DeMello wrote:
>>
>> So I installed kernel-power, which appears to have killed my gps (even
>> when I reverted to the stock kernel), and I'd like to try finding out
>> exactly what's wrong, rather than just reflashing. What are the
>> general techniques to debug this sort of thing? dmesg has nothing, and
>> I can't see anything promising in /var/log/* either.
>
> http://repository.maemo.org/pool/maemo5.0/non-free/l/location-test-gui/
> may be of use.

Didn't help much - just told me it could see a handful of satellites,
none of which were in use. And from what I've found from googling, the
gps is pretty hard to do any debugging on since it's mostly closed -
guess I'll just have to reflash :(

Is this worth filing as a bug under kernel-power?

martin