I need help marking and selecting contacts from an address book in my N900 Qt application. What I want to do is similar to what Pallavi Kandhare asked about in http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2010-June/026975.html. That is, I have a list of contacts. I need a dialog that shows all of the possible contacts with the ones in my list already marked as selected.

Until there are Qt dialogs for selecting contacts, as helpers to]QtMobility, I think I have to use OssoABookContactChooser [*]. I can display one of those and discover which contacts my user selected. How do I display the OssoABookContactChooser with some contacts already selected? I think I need to use osso_abook_contact_chooser_select_contact() or osso_abook_contact_chooser_select_contacts(). I've tried both functions and neither of them do what I want. Neither seem to do anything at all as far as I can tell. Do they need a little time to complete like osso_abook_aggregator_get_default(), which I discovered that I must wrap in osso_abook_waitable_run()?

I started with code I found on Forum Nokia (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_use_native_Maemo5_contacts_dialogs). If people want it, I can post the version I'm using that attempts to select contacts before displaying the OssoABookContactChooser.

If it helps, I'm using QtCreator 2.0.1 based on Qt 4.7.0 (64-bit) built on Sep 8 2010 at 15:35:24.

[*] Or make my own. I'm trying to avoid that because it seems like a lot of work.

PS- I've been all over this mailing list's archives, Forum Nokia, and Google with no joy. :-(