On Wednesday 06 October 2010 16:31:00 Eero Tamminen wrote:
> ext Graham Cobb wrote:
> > OK.  I have sent a cut-down esound package to the autobuilder and libesd0
> > and libesd0-dev are now in Fremantle extras-devel.  Of course, I have no
> > way of knowing whether it works without a device -- someone can try it
> > when gpe-calendar is available.
>
> Pulseaudio should be used for sound output on Fremantle.

That is what that libesd0 does: it provides the libesd API to the application
and talks to pulseaudio (using the feature of pulseaudio that it emulates
esd).  All the other libesd features are disabled.

It works fine for gpe-calendar and I am guessing it would work for other uses
of libesd, although I have never tested that.

Graham