Hi guys,

I have an interestion question. Been trying to figure it out for quite some
time now, with limited success so far.
I would like to have a way of creating homescreen widgets from inside a
separate (non hildon-home) process. (For example, by clicking on a button
from inside an application, or something like this.)
I was able to put together a solution which is able to do this, but as it
turns out, it ultimately fails on some important things. It is able to
restore the previous position of the homescreen widgets after a restart, but
it is ultimately flawed as it's unable to also restore the z-order of the
widgets (the order in which the desktop widgets are stacked on top of each
other).

As I see it, the osso-abook-home-applet is able to do just what I want. It
manages the contact widgets in its own process and is also able to remember
the exact homescreen position and z-order of these widgets correctly.
So, I'm curious about how the osso-abook-home-applet is able to do this. It
is closed source so I can't look at its source code. I also think that
libhildondesktop may hold the answers that I need, but unfortunately it is
largely undocumented, so I can't really figure this one out on my own.

If anyone has a clue about how to do this, I'd be more than happy if you
guys could help me with this.

Thanks,
Timur Kristóf
(Venemo)