On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Attila Csipa <ma...@csipa.in.rs> wrote:
> This issue was due to some dependency/promotion issues which left PyQt in a
> half-promoted state. An update has been made some three weeks ago (during
> the conference :) and everything should be dandy after that. If not, the
> user should apt-get update to the latest PyQt (the problem is that the
> application manager might refuse to pull in all dependant packages and
> instead opt not to install the application).

Hmm, I installed all of my Qt apps before then without a problem.
Most of my users grabbed it this last week and are having the issues.
Just to test that I could keep my device in a good state, I did what I
expect my users to do (with extras-devel enabled):
apt-get remove python2.5-sip4
apt-get autoremove
apt-get update
apt-get install dialcentral ejpi gonvert

After doing all of that I ended up in the same situation as my users:
Nokia-N810-43-7:~# /opt/ejpi/lib/ejpi_qt.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/ejpi/lib/ejpi_qt.py", line 12, in <module>
    from PyQt4 import QtGui
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the PyQt4.QtGui
module requires API v7.0

Any idea why it is still happening?

Ed Page