[cross posting to pymaemo-developers and maemo-developers list]

The PySide team is happy to announce the availability of N900 packages
for the third beta release of PySide: Python for Qt. PySide provides a
complete set of LGPL-licensed Qt bindings for Python, including full QML
and QtMobility support. Any software written for N900 using PySide will
work as-is on the upcoming Harmattan and MeeGo platforms.

The binary packages for PySide 1.0.0~beta3 are already available in the
maemo.org extras-devel repository. To use them, install the
python-pyside metapackage which depends on every individual module
package. Respectively, PySide Mobility may be installed using the
python-qtmobility metapackage.

The source code packages can be acquired by referring to our download
wiki page [1] or by pulling the relevant tagged versions from our git
repositories [2].

Major changes since 1.0.0~beta2
===============================

This is a bugfix release. Since beta2, a total of 35 bugs have been
fixed. See the list of fixed bugs at the end of this message.

Path towards 1.0 release
========================

There are still some outstanding bugs in our Bugzilla [3]. To have these
fixed, we plan to do at least one beta or release candidate release
before 1.0. The next release will happen in two weeks.

About PySide
============

PySide is the Nokia-sponsored Python Qt bindings project, providing
access to not only the complete Qt 4.7 framework but also Qt Mobility,
as well as to generator tools for rapidly generating bindings for any
Qt-based libraries.

The PySide project is developed in the open, with all facilities you'd
expect from any modern OSS project such as all code in a git repository
[2], an open Bugzilla [5] for reporting bugs, and an open design process
[4]. We welcome any contribution without requring a transfer of copyright.

List of bugs fixed
==================

379     QGLWidget.bindTexture is missing
404     Tests fail both in pyside-qt.46+0.4.0 and pyside-qt.46+0.4.1
460     pyside-uic can't deal with QWizard
473     pyside tools lack manpages
474     Enums in non-generated namespaces aren't generated either.
481     mimeData() missing from QListWidget, QTreeWidget, QTableWidget
493     __eq__ and friends not implemented for QKeyEvent == QKeySequence
495     Broken rich compare operators if they use an object-type as parameter
502     Delegate generated editor widget is killed on C++ before its time
503     There's no bindings for QSslCertificate
506     Segmentation fault
514     Static method QByteArray.fromRawData is missing from QtCore
515     Global qAddPostRoutine function missing on QtCore
544     QtCore.QRect missing binding for method getCoords
546     Python crash on exit
547     QTreeWidget segmentation fault
549     [patch] QGraphicsWidget::getContentsMargins() and
QGraphicsWidget::getWindowFrameMargins() not available
554     Inner classes don't work and give us a segfault
557     Segmentation fault in QDeclarativeComponent.loadUrl()
558     print attribute of a QWebFrame cannot be accessed normally (syntax
error)
561     pyside-uic generates invalid code when tab name is not translatable
563     Unhandled signal emitting with invalid signature (which leads to
application crash)
567     Compilation error - PySide
569     QTableWidgetItem is missing binding of __lt__ to operator<
570     Link to old wiki
572     Giving unicode value as 'body' argument to WebView's load method
crashes python
573     Problème avec fonction print() de QPrintPreviewWidget
576     QWidget.setParent( None ) producing orphaned Widgets which won't die
577     Reference to QString in docs
578     QtNetwork_basic_auth_test (Timeout)
580     lock (Timeout)
581     phonon_basic_playing_test (Timeout)
583     add a new QDatetime init function with 6 argument
585     QTreeWidgetItem disappear
587     Test: protected (Failed)