On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 08:55 +0800, ext Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> Does anyone know how to send these commands or have any other ideas on how
> we can try the ofono code on Maemo/Fremantle to see if its possible to
> build Cell Broadcast SMS support into Maemo/Fremantle without replacing the
> entire telephony stack and all the user space telephony apps that depend on
> it (dialer, SMS etc)

The specifications for the ISI modems/protocol/whatever has been made
available by Nokia here http://www.wirelessmodemapi.com/

I really can't remember all the details but you need to get your hands
dirty with the phonet pipes and stuff.

I was trying to write a library that'd "talk" to the modem directly and
bring up the GPRS connection when I was trying to work on my MMS
support. It wasn't a piece of cake but I managed to get something that
"speaks" to the modem so it's doable.

Cheers,

--
Senior Software Engineer