Hi!

I am developing a custom IP-based protocol to authenticate hosts in
3G/4G mobile networks. For this, I need to access the USIM application
in the mobile terminal (i.e. Maemo device) to perform Authentication and
Key Agreement (AKA) as part of my protocol.

Is there some interface for performing such an action in Maemo? I have
tried to find this kind of functionality from the documentation, but so
far my efforts have been futile. It would be great if someone of you
developers with more experience on Maemo could point me to the right
direction.

In essence, what I need is to send AUTN and RAND challenge parameters to
the USIM application and receive RES back to be returned to the mobile
network side.

Cheers,

--
Jani