Jonathan,
Please forgive me for being too curious.
What is the dialer? Just the "phone" application?
Why did you decide to reverse engineer and not just create a replacement for
it?
All the actual "dialing" is handled by telepathy. I assume you can get all the
"call log" from sqlite databases. Why would you need to have the application
export the same API? Do we have any applications that actually use it?
I wrote mycontacts and would know that would be very easy to write with qt
(mobilitty +telepathy+sqlite) a replacement for the functionality on the phone
application but I may be missing the reason why you need to be binary
compatible.

Felipe