I'm looking for a platform-independent way to display the progress of a
QContactFetchRequest.  Can any of you suggest a solution? I've found a couple
of partial solutions but nothing completely satisfactory.

QProgressBar would be perfect if I knew how many contacts to expect.  I don't
know that.  I only know when the QContactFetchRequest begins, when some
results arrive, and when it ends.

QMaemo5InformationBox::information() with a timeout value of
QMaemo5InformationBox::NoTimeout is informative but the user can (or must?)
dismiss it by tapping on the screen.  I don't want that.  In addition, with a
name like QMaemo5InformationBox, I don't expect that I will be able to use it
on Symbian devices or whatever else I port my application to.

I'm going to look into QStatusBar.

I welcome other ideas from all of you.

Dave