On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Tuomo Tanskanen <t...@tumi.fi> wrote:

> (Posting from mobile, excuse top post)
>
> Hi,
>
> Harmatran has Upstart 1.2 and since 0.5 the init job directory has been
> /etc/init/ . /etc/event.d/ is not used. This is the main reason for your
> failure.
>
> Secondly, in SDK docs (dunno URL) it is suggested that 3rd party apps are
> installed to /etc/init/apps/ which is dedicated for this purpose and which
> imposes couple limitatations to jobs in it. There has been changes in those
> since n950 sw version and latest internal builds.
>
> I think Aegis might prevent your job to be run from /etc/init/ so you
> should install to /etc/init/apps/. Most notably, jobs launched from there
> cannot have "start on" stanza, but they're executed at end of boot sequence.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Cheers, Tumi

Hi Tumi,

Thanks for your response. I changed my upstart file and deployed the file to
/etc/init/apps. This time there are no errors while deploying or in the
syslog, but the job is not started. I am using build
1.2011.22-6_PR_RM680. Is there a way to troubleshoot or solve this?

I tried to start the job manually by using "start shake2skip-daemon" command
but it fails with error "Unknown job". Here is the job configuration [1].
 Any thoughts?

~Sudheer

[1] - http://pastebin.com/zbfBtt5f