At 3:17 PM -0300 12/1/05, Marcelo Oliveira wrote:

You mean creating an alternative to the handwriting recognition also? something like palm's graffite ?
Or go for something newer like the dasher etc?

No, I mean a different virtual keyboard, that responds to strokes as well as taps, as described here:

   http://www.strout.net/info/ideas/hexinput.html

I have heard that the handwriting recognition module is closed, but that the virtual keyboard is not. It should be possible to add a new virtual keyboard, and to let the user select this as the default input method. But I don't know how to go about it.

Thanks,
- Joe

--

Joseph J. Strout