Sorry, I forgot to change the subject line.

2006/1/27, Wooky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
The iPod nano is like the 5th ipod generation. It does tons of things *less* than its hardware is actually capable of doing - see how versatile one becomes when it has Linux installed in it. Besides, it has fewer features than many competitors - even though I can say it does the few things it does *right*, it can't record audio properly, it has no radio capabilities, and so on. Should some no-name (or even recognised brands like Samsung) release an mp3 player exactly like the nano (I must admit Apple design is gorgeous) feature-wise, it would probably go unnoticed. The sucess of the nano has much more to do with good design and brand recognition than anything else. So, with all due respect, and I am not saying the 770 haven't got to improve a lot, I think your comparison with an iPod is moot.

Elad,

thanks for pointing out the article.

Having read the article, I have to say that, aside the poor choice of
article headline on the part of the author, I do not agree with your
overall assessment of the article. I thought the author's overall
assessment was actually reasonable.

Based on what I have read on this list, in terms of problems,  turns of
the OS image, etc. I have to conclude that Nokia has a long way to go in
learning how to launch a consumer product like this (new technology +
new target market).  Just think if the Apple IPOD Nano came out with as
many problems as the 770? Apple years ago learned the the process of
launching consumer products like this  the hard way with their failure
with the Newton PDA (new technology+new market). Nokia is learning with
the 770, which is clearly not the same as a mobile phone product.

I  am encouraged by what I read on this list that the technical problems
are being worked out and perhaps the next release of the 770 hw will
address performance concerns as well. I think also that 770 pricing is
an issue in the U.S. at least where the market is awash with technology
substitutes. The price for the 770 really needs to be at ~~$200 to grab
the attention of consumers who could care less about which OS it is
running. Again, using Apple's IPOD Nano as an example, that rough price
point of $200 hit the market "nail" on the head. At that price point it
is not unusual to find households with several IPODS.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International

GSEC Gold, GCWN Gold, GGSC-0100, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM

(H) 703 620 0672

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

backup email address:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

www page for texting:   www.vtext.com/users/jholmblad

text email address:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Jeferson Lopes Zacco

--
Jeferson Lopes Zacco