On 2/19/06, Frédéric Crozat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Le samedi 18 février 2006 à 15:31 -0800, Primorec a écrit :

> Any hint/trick/advice/solution is more than welcome.
>
> 770's firmware version 2.2005.45-7

You should REALLY upgrade your 770 firmware to the latest firmware
(3.2005.51-13) available on
http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,79636,00.html (Europe) or
http://www.nokiausa.com/support/phones/softwareupdate/1,8461,770,00.html
(USA), since it fixes many issues with Wifi (and other stuff as well).

Frédéric Crozat - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Upgrading the 770 firmware did NOT make any difference in regard to my
basic problem. Connection is lost after 2-3 minutes of browsing.
BUT if I listen to Internet radio,  the WiFi connection between 770 and WRTG54GL
is rock solid.

ooops..  I am mistaken...  there is a difference...
I am NOT getting on the screen the message 'Connection lost' .
Connection is lost without the warning pop up window....  but
the real problem is still there

And there are other changes/improvements. 770 is a lot more responsive,
no more messages 'Memory low..  please close application" (or something
similar along the same lines). So it was worth the upgrade 770 from 45-7 to 51-13.

Any other hint is very welcome

Regards

Igor
--
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.