Thank you!

Could you be more specific?

I am a complete newbie....

Thanks.

On 5/8/06, Mohammad Anwari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pada hari Selasa, tanggal 02/05/2006 pukul 14:08 +0200, ext Amichai
Rotman menulis:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I have a Nokia 770 and I live in Israel. I would like to change the
> regional settings to Israel (it shows up under /usr/share/zoneinfo -
> but not on the regions list) and I would also like to add the HE
> locale - ISO8859-1 - under the /usr/lib/locale hierarchy....
>
> Can it be done?

Yes, as long as you are using localedef which comes with the same
version number of the libc available in the device as libc stores an
identifier (a magic number) in the locale data, and if it thinks that
the locale is no good (the magic numbers from the locale data and from
the libc are not match) then it will skip it.

You should be able to see the installed locale using:

$ locale -a

and try to get something like:

$ LC_ALL=he_IL locale d_fmt

It should show you the d_fmt from he_IL.

> I have already added the Hebrew fonts from the Culmus Project
> ( http://culmus.sourceforge.net/) to the newly
> created /home/user/.fonts dir.
> The fonts show up on the list, but when I try to use them in the
> AbiWord processor - I get squares - even if I change the language to
> Hebrew.

If you have it working in Notes then there is no problem with the font.
Probably it is the problem of the Abiword text rendering.

--

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746
Registered Linux User#: 201192 [ http://counter.li.org/]