Aaron Patterson schrieb:
> Hi.  I've been having some display issues with my 770.  Earlier today, I
> was running firmware 3.2005.51.  I went to nokia's website, and
> downloaded the latest firmware.  After installing the 2006 firmware, I
> got weird lines on my screen.  So I updated to the Beta release hoping
> that would take care of the problem.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Or know how to fix it?  Fortunately
> today, I was taking pictures, so I can show before and after photos.
>
> Before:
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/aaronp/173003105/
>
> After upgrade to beta:
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/aaronp/173041107/
> http://flickr.com/photos/aaronp/173038220/
>
> I would appreciate any help I can get.  Thank you!

Uh... that doesn't look good I am afraid.

>From what I read on the list this look more like a hardware defect than
a software problem. The LCD seems to be a little fragile in certain
conditions. Software cannot help anymore either - I would estimate that
regardsless of what you install now you will always see those display
errors.

So best you can do, sorry, is to return your device for repair/replacement.

> --Aaron
Cheers
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts          Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24         Fax: +49-271-771091-19