Probably mainly interesting to developers (and other Linux-savvy people) but I'd like better integration between the desktop applications and the XTerm.

This doesn't have to be very fancy, MacOSX provides pretty good integration with just a few minimal measures: - The "open" command (from the command line) will open lots of files (and directories, and urls), selecting the application to use with the same database as used for double-clicking. - Dragging an icon from the finder to XTerm will paste the pathname there. - Desktop apps can be started from the command line, and will accept a filename to open when run in that way (implemented in the GUI framework by simulating an open command, not something every app needs to care about). - Even though the Finder doesn't normally show the geeky unix directories you can open them with the shell "open" command or by typing their pathname into a special dialog. This allows you to use standard UI tools (such as the minimal text editor) on things they can't normally reach.
--
Jack Jansen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack