On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:05:40PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> > After installing
> > dropbear_0.48-0.1_armel.deb
> > I still do not have ssh access to the 770.
>
> What do you get instead -- connection refused, or permission denied?

"no route to host"
DHCP server has given the 770 192.168.110.248, which is reasonable; my
local subnet is 192.168.110.x.
Host attempting to ssh into 770 gets many response from other hosts
with:
ping -b 192.16.110.0
Since I haven't set up any user accounts on the 770, I don't know what
to expect when I ssh into the 770.

> (I use OpenSSH myself.)

I'll put openssh in my ever growing list of things to try.  :-)

> > I still have not gotten the ApplicationsCatalog2006 thing to work.
> > Maybe that's a cockpit error.  I go to
> > ApplicationManager>Tools>ApplicationCatalog and try to select one or
> > both of the "tableteer" URLs.  "New" seems to not do what I want; it
> > requires me to type in a URL.  What SHOULD I be doing to get one or
> > more repositories specified here?
>
> Precisely that: type in a URL.  Or use copy & paste.  The list of
> repositories is in the wiki (ApplicationRepositories), and the
> application catalog also should have "repository", "distribution" and
> "component" fields that you're supposed to fill in when you add a new
> application, uh, catalog.

It appears that it is set up to automatically use
http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified/     mistral user
and
http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/non-certified/ mistral user
Not so?  I guess not, it is clearly not working for me.  I'll try
manually entering some other repositories.  Thanks for pointing me
toward the complete repository list in the wiki.  If I just had a term,
I could probably get it going.  Even better, if I could ssh into the
770 and use a real keyboard.

> > Is there some documentation that I've failed to find?
>
> I don't think so.  If the documentation provided on the maemo wiki is
> not sufficient, maybe you can add a sentence or two after you've figured
> things out?

I will.  IF I ever get the thing figured out.

> > > I REALLY didn't expect this stuff to be so troublesome.
>
> Yeah, if we had something like Ubuntu's "universe" repository, that
> could be enabled by checking an option somewhere in the application
> catalog, and all popular 3rd-party apps lived there, things would be
> much easier.

I could deal with the scattered packages in scattered repositories.  I
was speaking of the trouble I've had
1) getting a term up
2) getting ANY packages installed and working
3) getting access to repositories.

Wouldn't it be nice...... if there were a flashable image that had
term, mc, and ssh built in.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  185 days 21 hours 40 minutes