Amit Kucheria wrote:

This is different case from original poster since your device was ON but
sleeping.

Oh, thanks for the correction.

I have created a wiki page about this information:
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ReportingRebootIssues?action=show
Feel free to add more detailed instruction if you need.
In your case, some program was taking up all CPU, causing a watchdog
reset. What were you running before you let the device idle?

Most often that would be an xterm with Privoxy running in non-daemon mode. After a while the xterm goes "poof" and disappears with the Privoxy process still running in the background. Maybe that is part of the reason...

OTOH I'm almost sure there also have been auto-reboots when nothing special was (apparently) running. I'm going to try and confirm this over the weekend by manually rebooting to the default state and watching what happens if I don't use it over the next 48 hours...

Thanks for your help,
fp