On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 13:51 +0100, ext Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> Igor Stoppa wrote:
> > Hi Tim!
> >
> > On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 19:07 +0100, ext Tim Teulings wrote:
> >> How can I work around this?
> > *Don't do unnecessary stuff
> > *Don't poll
> > *Don't busyloop
> > *Check system state (by listening for events, again, never poll)
> > *Keep updates at minimum
> > *Do updates only if your application is visible, otherwise completely
> > stop updating the UI till you become again king of the hill
>
> Thanks Igor for nice explanation, what about using threads? For n770
> some time ago people said that using threads (linuxthreads) caused some
> unneeded cpu activity caused by the library itself. Is it still the
> case? Are there any other similar gotchas present in the SW stack
> (glibc/X/gtk)?

Yes, I remember that, but probably Eero has a much better answer already
available, so i'll let him the honour.

I tend to prefer the thread approach but for coding and reliability
reasons, but that's probably personal taste.

--
Cheers, Igor

Igor Stoppa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Nokia M - OSSO /Helsinki Finland)