On 1/15/07, Kalle Valo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Juha Kuikka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I can chime in with the second problem. :)

Come on, it's Monday. Please give the guy some time to wakeup first ;)

Sure, go and get a second cup of coffee. I'll wait. :)

But seriously: keep all comments coming, I'm curious to see how WLAN
works for N800.

> Environment: Linksys WRT54G with latest FW, configured to only allow
WPA2
> with AES-PSK, N800 with out-of-the-box FW.

What N800 image version?

Version: 1.2006.47-20

Problem description:
> Occasionally the wlan connection on n800 ceases to function. So far this
has
> only happened when the device is not in use i.e. I pick it up to start
> browsing but it is not working.
> In the UI problem is not apparent, the Connection Manager still shows
the
> state as "Connected" and in "IP address" screen everything looks ok. In
> Connection Manager the "Sent" counter increases if I initiate
communication
> from n800 but the "Received" is unchanged no matter what I try.
>
> On the command line (Xterm):
> - routing table is ok
> - ifconfig is ok

Can you check kernel logs with dmesg? Is there talk about "haven't got
a WR_READY for DMA write"?

Nothing like that is visible. In fact there is nothing evil-looking in the
dmesg before:
DEAUTHENTICATE TRAP
Shut down SoftMAC
(c)opyright 2004 Conexant

Which I suspect is re-initializing the wlan?

Only messages before those are in the nature of:
EAC mode: play enabled/disabled, rec enabled/disabled
omapfb: ... setting update mode to manual/disabled/enabled

I'll get a fresh dmesg next time I see this problem.

- /etc/resolv.conf only shows localhost (this also seems to be the case
> when the connection is working, we are using local proxy-dns?)

Yep, there's dnsmasq running. IIRC, the original resolv.conf files are
in '/tmp/resolv.conf.*'.

Ok. Shouldn't matter here anyway because connection with ip-address does not
work either.

- Juha

--
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change.